Friday, November 20, 2020

Yay!

 The past month we have been waiting on an approval from the insurance. A few weeks ago I called the hospital to see if they had heard anything from insurance and I found out they hadn't submitted the claim, yet. This was a week or so after I thought they had sent it in. We had two weeks from the date insurance received that we should hear back. The girl said she would submit that day so I called a couple days later to check if she did. It was received by insurance. I might have called them more than necessary to check the status, but I just couldn't help myself. We found out on Monday that insurance was waiting on clarification on the roles of the doctors and nurses during the procedure then they could give us an answer. They said they had tried calling the hospital and didn't get a reply. So, I called the hospital again, talked to a few different people and ended up leaving a message for someone.

That afternoon I received a call from a girl in insurance at the hospital. She started the call with how much we would owe on the date of service, etc. I've had a lot of these kinds of calls prepping just in case the claim was approved. We weren't very confident it would be approved, but we were hopefully. 

So this lady starts talking about our responsibility then says, "So when you come in on December 1st you will owe..." Then I said, "Wait, is this a for sure thing now or is this just in case it gets approved?" She replied with, "Oh! It got approved. I spoke to a nurse with insurance and she told me it was approved." I asked maybe 6 different ways if was approved because I just didn't believe it and she was acting so nonchalant about it! Meanwhile, I started bawling. This is not common for a baby to be implanted on one side at 7 months. 

We called insurance to see if it was approved on their end and they said it was still marked as pending. So, we decided to wait until the next day and call back to see if their status had changed. Sure enough, our family advisor saw that it was approved on December 1st!!! 

I cried again... and a few more times throughout the day. We can't believe it was actually approved and is happening. If all goes to plan, Cami will be able to hear on December 21st when she receives the processors. Right in time for a little Christmas miracle. We are so so so excited for her. SO EXCITED! 

We now have Thanksgiving break to relax and prep ourselves for it and some helpers who are traveling here ;) 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for her! We are praying for her surgery and for you all. Give your helpers a big hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has a whole new world to explore

    ReplyDelete