Sunday, July 21, 2013

Believing Christ


 I started my job for real.  It has been pretty good! Stewart has been busy working and going to school.  We were able to go to the England family reunion a couple weekends ago and got to see lots of family! It was a lot of fun and the blowup bounce slide Kara rented was so much fun! Stewart and I both got burned, just getting us ready for Hawaii!  Dad sent down cherries with Doug and Mary (I think) brought down apples.  We have definitely been enjoying the cherries and now I just want more apples because it was so good!


I work a 5 am-9am and 1pm-5pm shift on Sundays. I thought it was going to be really hard to stay awake and be bored out of my mind if it were slow.  Thankfully, that wasn't the case.  Last week I was able to finish "Believing Christ" and watch a session of General Conference and watched another session today.  I have never had to work on Sunday and I wasn't looking forward to it.  But this morning made me realize that while I am working on Sundays, I can definitely use it to strengthen me spiritually, which Stewart actually pointed out when I found out I would have to work Sundays.

I have been working on finishing this book because I was told it was really good a couple years ago. I had bought it but only got through the first couple pages.  I highly recommend it.  My understanding of the love that Christ and Heavenly Father have for me and everyone else has truly grown.  I knew before reading it that Christ did love me and he sacrificed a great deal for me in order to help me be perfect.  After reading this book I better understand what that means.  Christ has promised us that if we do absolutely all we can and all that is asked of us, he will make up the rest. If that is us doing only 2% or 60%, he will still make up the difference for us if we believe in Him and also believe what He has promised us. Of course, this comes with effort, our best effort.  I have been trying to be better at understanding the gospel and doctrine of the church and I am so excited.  I am so grateful to have a husband who helps me with this and is patient with me as I am learning. 

"Come what may, and love it." is one of my favorite quotes. Here is the Mormon Message they made with that talk.

1 comment: