Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Surprises and Good News

Last week I was at home working on some sewing projects when all of a sudden someone started opening the door. The only thing I had on was the skirt I was sewing and thought it was the maintenance man so I kinda freaked out and hid behind the door... there was no where else to go at the time.  But it was just Stewart coming home two hours early because he wanted to take me on a hiking date up to where he proposed.

We explored more up the trail and behind the hills. It was awesome! There was a pretty little meadow back there and all sorts of trails.



On the way back down I had turned my head around to talk to him and as I looked back to see where I was stepping and there was this snake right in front of my feet.  It was just a dinky little garden snake but it still caught me way by surprise.  I screamed and jumped and ran which freaked Ste out too. The hike and surprise was awesome. It was also great to see the place he proposed in the daylight!

Last week we got some pretty awesome news!
Stewart got accepted to the accounting program at BYU!
We are so excited for him and us and for what our future is going to be like.  He is taking some summer classes right now and still working at the BYU broadcasting building in their accounting office.

 I started my new job at Property Solutions and so far it has been great! They are really good to their employees so I think I will continue to enjoy it there.

One day I was at Joann and they were having a really good sale so I decided to buy some fabric to make a couple table clothes and a skirt or two.  The table clothes were easy and look alright.  This was my first time making a skirt with an elastic band and after searching for the easiest way to use one as a waist band for a skirt I thought I was ready.  Well, after having to adjust the length and even the bottom out the skirt turned out alright, except for the fact the band was super puffy with all the fabric... I figured out a way to hide it for now by wearing a big belt with it but I will have to find a better way to do it next time!

We are really excited for this next year for him to start the program and finishing my last year (which has to be my last because I got the email from BYU saying if I take 30 more credits I won't receive any more financial support)!

3 comments:

  1. Glad it was only Ste coming home! I'm impressed with your sewing abilities. I think if I tried to sew an elastic waist, I would be lucky if it even resembled a skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both on the accounting acceptance - yay for plans working out! Let me know when you master the waistband, I think they are tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where was your Sig??? Doesn't do any good locked away and will keep Ste dancing.........

    ReplyDelete