Sunday, May 11, 2014

Favorite memories of mom

So, today I was thinking about my mom and remembered some pretty fun memories with her.  Here are some of those memories as well as some things I love about her. 

My mom always planned the best vacations for us.  







She would always make dinners we suggested or let us get some cool looking stuff from the Schwan man.  

Also, we shared some pretty great Schwan meals when I was the only one home and dad was busy out doing dad stuff.

She spent three hours with me trying to figure out how to hide bobby pins in my hair for homecoming senior year.

She would always encourage me to dress modestly, even if it meant her sewing a whole new dress or paying a little more. 

She also helped me on my most important weekend.  She helped me prepare for the temple- my first session and my sealing to Stewart. 




My mom and dad's example of marriage has always been something I have wanted for myself. 



She takes her responsibilities seriously.  Like, one time dad didn't change the clocks for daylight savings before you left for spring training. We were supposed to be to church half an hour earlyish for something but mom was just having one of those slow moving days and didn't want to go.  (She had a calling to play the organ) We finally made it out the door and as we were driving I mentioned to her that it was daylight savings.  I have never seen my mom feel so guilty and that she was going to hell for being late to church.  I have also never seen her accelerate so fast.  



I have never seen my mom laugh harder than the time she witnessed Jensley spitting up in my mouth.

She has always been the person I can count on to be understanding and supportive.



If you know my mom, you know she doesn't really go to the store.  When I had my surgeries in high school she made sure to get anything and everything I may have wanted to eat. 

She has always encouraged me to love and care for others, no matter who they were or what they have done.



Whenever we were sitting on the couch and I would lay my head on her, she would automatically scratch my head- my favorite.

She is pretty hilarious. Especially when she is sick and we play Pit and no one can hear her.  




When I hear the quote, "There are few things more powerful than the prayers of a righteous mother." (Boyd K. Packer) I can only think of my mom.  The Lord loves her and whenever I need anything I know I can ask her to pray or fast for me.  She has wonderful faith and understanding of sacrifice.  


Mom, thank you for giving me an amazing example and helping me prepare to be a mother myself.   I hope you know that I won't completely "slip through your fingers."

I love you!!!

5 comments:

  1. I agree with all of that! Our mom is pretty spectacular :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It makes being a mom so much easier when you have amazing children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a WONDERFUL Mom - like mother, like daughter :)

    ReplyDelete