Saturday, May 10, 2014

Hawaii, ONE YEAR, and Yosemite

We got a nice break after the semester.  Stewart finished the Jr. Core and I finished all my classes of my undergrad!!! All I have left is my internship, which I started on Monday at the Utah State Hospital. I will be working with the girls youth and I am so excited.

After Stewart's last final we headed off to California.  We got in at around 1am and left to the airport at 3am for our flight to Hawaii!!! Stewart's parents were great and bought us a bunch of food to take with us on our flight.

We got in on Thursday and hung out with everyone who was there for a bit before going to the Dole plantation for some Dole Whip, dried pineapple, fresh pineapple, and do the biggest maze in the world.  Okay so I am not sure if it actually is... it's something like that.  We got split up from Linds, Travis, and KC.  You could tell many people have gone through because there were many shortcuts.  I tried to take them but Ste wouldn't follow me and make me feel guilty.  I did drag him into it and he wanted to make sure we got our moneys worth.



On Friday we had the endowment session.  I loved going with my family.  I also loved changing rooms.  I had never been in a temple that did that-other than what it is like in Draper.  It was amazing.  The grounds were beautiful too! But, what do you expect in Hawaii?

Mom got a pretty cool house for everyone to stay in for the weekend.  Saturday was the big day! Marissa looked beautiful and they sure seemed happy with one another.  So happy that my sister got to marry the man she fell in love with years ago.




Does it look like my mom and Ste are dancing to anyone else? They were trying really hard to get Kassidy to open her eyes into the bring sunlight because the photographer was yelling for her to look up. 






Speaking of marriage, Stewart and I hit our one year anniversary!! We spent the night walking around downtown looking at shops and scoping things out for the next couple days.  We were happy to spend it in Hawaii.  Thank you mom and dad!!! ;)

We got a backstage tour of Pearl Harbor by Spencer Webster from Entiat on Monday. Afterward we went to a restaurant and I about peed my pants when I walked into the women's bathroom.  I also almost made the lady behind pee hers, too.  Check out Aaron's blog if ya missed it. Also, I felt like a child because instead of ordering actual meal I ordered three sides... It was still delicious though

The next day we hung out on the beach quite a bit.  It was a lot of fun! We also visited Aulani, the Disney resort.  We had a pretty good lunch there too.



When we got back to the mainland we stayed with Ste's family for a couple days.  We spent a night in Yosemite and rafted the river.  I was in a raft with Monica's daughter and what I thought was going to be a relaxing ride, was actually a race that she thought we were having.  I kind of felt bad for not paddling (we didn't know when or where to stop so I was trying to have everyone catch up to us since they would only paddle if they were needing to change directions).  So Cali, who is 7, was at the front of the raft paddling away the whole time while I was laying in the back.  It was still relaxing for me at least!

 Half Dome.  His favorite. However, this is all he wanted to do when I told him to take a picture with me and and Half Dome.


"Don't give up on dinner."

The break was awesome to have before starting my internship.  The week has been full of orientation and me teaching the campus police how to kill a rattle snake without a gun.  I start Monday with the actual internship stuff and I am so excited.  They said the patients love the rec therapists and always look forward to the activities. I just hope and pray that I give these girls what they need from me.

2 comments:

  1. You shoulda already passed your internship by showing the cops a thing or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary <3 What a perfect way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete