Saturday, May 17, 2014

Baby Poulsen

So, many of you know already but.....

We are having a baby!

Week 14! 

That's right, Baby Poulsen is due to arrive in November!!!

Week 5

We are super stoked!

This is Stewart trying to hide in all his excitement.  Or he is counting up how much a baby will cost.


Also, all those jokes at Marissa's bridal shower and the family dinners were actually all quite accurate at the time ;)

So, I wanted to tell the story of how we found out I was pregnant, while we are on the subject :)  Sorry if I share too much information for any of you ;)

At the very end of February I was having some nausea and pains in my bladder area.  It wasn't going away and I took an at home UTI test and it was positive. I also took a pregnancy test, which was negative.  (I wasn't supposed to start for another 2-3 days, though)  So, I went to the doctor the next day to check it out.  They also did a pregnancy test just to make sure; which was negative.  The UTI test came back as only a trace so they gave me meds to see if it helped-ones that were safe IF I ended up being pregnant though.  Well, the symptoms did not go away so I went to another doctor that they referred me to.  This was a fewish days later, and I hadn't started my period yet.  So, I told them my symptoms and the nurse and doctor both said they think I am pregnant, especially since the UTI test came back negative.  However, so did the pregnancy test.  They gave me a bladder relaxant that turned my pee a bright orange, super weird but kinda cool.  It helped but once I was done with the bottle it came back.  A couple days later went by and I was just finishing up the pills and my period had still not come.  I had been regular for months so I knew something was going.  Stewart and I were in our living room and he told me to just go take a another pregnancy test to see. I didn't want to watch as the pregnancy loaded (?haha) because I just didn't want it to be negative.  So I had Stewart watch.  And then I heard him say, "Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Look."  And guess what, we finally got a positive pregnancy test!!! Of course, I was a cry baby about it.  I was so happy that I was pregnant and that I finally knew what was going on with my body.  We took another one a couple days later just to be sure, and we got another positive :)

We had an ultrasound last month where we got to see the little thing.  Of course, it was just a black tiny blob then but we could see the heart beating away.  We also saw the little Poulsen doing some sweet flips over and over again.  I was so happy to finally have a doctor tell me I was pregnant.

We went this week and got to hear the heart beating away at 155.  I still don't know if it has completely hit me yet that I am carrying around a growing child inside of me.  I am excited for what the next 6 months has in store for me, and I hope that this morning (more like night) sickness will go away now like everyone says it should.

 We have already felt so much generosity from family.  Stewart's sisters have given me maternity and in-between clothes as well as a crib. And yesterday, I just got two boxes of maternity clothes from DeAndra.  We are certainly blessed with amazing family!  Thank you everyone who has helped us recently, we love you all!

5 comments:

  1. Aww, I am so excited for you! You and your growing little one will be in my prayers. I hope that you feel better in the second trimesters than you have in the first. Sending you a big hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when you guys were planning to announce it :) I am so excited for you and your little tummy is already looking so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see this little avocado grow!

    ReplyDelete