Sunday, June 15, 2014

What's your guess?

So we have an ultrasound scheduled for two weeks from now and I have been going through all the "old wives tales" to see what they predict the baby to be.  So, here is what we have found!

Week 16

#1. Chinese Gender Chart: According to the Chinese, we are having a boy!
#2. Carrying high? or carrying low? In all honesty, I have no idea... haha What do you think?  Low=boy High=girl

Week 18

#3. Moodiness? Well, I was definitely more moody in the first trimester but it has gone down recently.  However, this may be more of a question for Stewart than me ;) I will say girl to be safe
#4. Dreams about the sex of the baby: They say that if you dream about a boy, you will have a girl. And if you dream about a girl, you will have a boy.  I don't know if you remember or read it, but I had that dream that I had twin girls.. so it looks like it's predicting boy again!
#5. Clumsy or graceful?  Well, I am for sure more clumsy. Which means boy
#6. Morning sickness: Definitely a girl. 
#7: Mayan calendar: Boy!
#8. Baby's heart rate: Well, the first time it was above 150, pointing to a girl, but this last time it was between 137 and 140, pointing to a boy. This one just might a split,
#9. Craving sweet or salty? Salty for sure, so boy!
#10.  Feet colder or warmer/same? Same, so girly girl!
#11. Skin dry or soft? Well, my skin is always dry... so I will say dry so boy
#12. Rounder or wider? I think rounder.. boy
#13. What side do I sleep on? Well, I prefer my back actually (which I have been told probably isn't the best) and right side usually gives me heart burn.  So... left? haha I preferred left before I was pregnant anyway.  I will go with left and say boy, though.  


So... what do you think?? Most people have predicted boy but my mom is rooting for a red headed girl.  I personally have no clue! Stewart is convinced it's a boy.  I guess we will see in just a couple weeks! 



4 comments:

  1. I had no idea there were so many ways to predict! With our first baby, my uncle tied a gold ring to a string and dangled it over my belly. If the ring swung back and forth, it meant one thing - spinning in circles meant another. I can't remember which is which, or what the prediction was, but obviously I had a girl. I hope you have a girl too so that she and Margot can be buddies :)

    ReplyDelete