Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mad

 This girl is seriously one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me.  I love her so much.  I am so lucky to be her mommy and spend all day with her.  When I go pick her up from her nap or in the morning, she always gives this huge smile and kicks her legs and arms really fast.  It just makes me that much more happy to pick her up and snuggle into her neck rolls.  She is starting to love being moved around a lot more recently, which makes it more fun to interact with her.  One morning I put her on my legs like this and was bouncing her up and down (safely, don't worry ;) ) and she was loving it!






We are still doing our daily walks. The other day it was cold (for southern California and for Madison) so I had to make sure she was warm. She was nice and cozy and eventually fell asleep.  Actually, she falls asleep a lot in her stroller. We ditched the car seat when we take her in her stroller and she seems to really enjoy seeing more things and at a different angle.

I love her sleeping lips and her tired cuddles. 



This is an outfit Stewart and I got last January before I was even pregnant.  We were at Target and they had a bunch of BYU baby clothes on sale and I just couldn't pass it up.  A couple weeks ago I put this on her and it was too big. Then like two weeks later I put it on her and it fits great.  She is growing way too fast!

We are also trying out new pacifiers.. She likes this one because she can hold onto it better than the green ones.


We have also ditched the swing! I don't know if I have written about this yet.. Sorry for the repeat if so :) The transition to the Pack n Play has been a little rough, but doable.  She has had a hard time not being cuddled the whole time while she sleeps.  Last night, my mom told me that I should really start sleep training and helping her fall asleep on her own or else it is going to be a lot harder to do so later.  I didn't realize it would be hard for me now to do that! I almost started crying because I had a hard time hearing her cry.  I totally thought I would be this tough mom who would give tough love and be good at it.  Holy moly, not the case.  Good thing Ste came home and helped me through it... Eventually she fell asleep and only woke up to eat once.  And for her morning nap today she fell asleep without crying.  For her afternoon nap-which she is taking right now- she just fussed a little bit.  Man, I should have done this earlier.  However, I miss her sleeping cuddles.  I am such a softie...


I put her in the swing a couple days ago and she looks ginormous in it now.  She doesn't really like it anymore and fusses when she is in it usually.


This is a picture which shows the amount of boredom that has come across me once in a while... haha Go cougs!



While I have been trying to get her used to sleeping on her back, I have had her sleep on our bed (safely) and she does awesome.  Probably because it is a lot softer than a pack n play.





I like to take her to the park and sometimes we go on the swings.  I have successfully put her to sleep twice while swinging.  Seems she has transitioned from the baby swing to the big kid swing quite nicely.


For Valentine's Day, Ste surprised me with this gift.  His sister made the gold states for us and he bought this frame.  Manson is a tad bit off, but really- I love this gift.  A lot.



She has become pro at tummy time and will do the occasional superman accompanied by some manly grunts and farts and spit up...

We put her in the backpack to see if she has finally grown enough to go hiking with her.  She wasn't too sure about it at first...

But once we got the sunshade up and her dad started trucking her around the apartment, she LOVED it.


"Let's go, dad!"


Here is one of the onesies Marci made for me/Madison.  I love it so much! And she looked so darn cute in it.










Didn't last long though... Good thing I got so many pictures. haha

Ugh. SO cute, right?




I went to the mall yesterday and found this hat.  Ste thought I actually bought it.  But no, don't worry.  I did not.  She looks too gangster for our family.


She has started to love touching my phone when I use it while holding her.  She will mess up texts, scroll when I don't want her to, and get mad if I pull the pull out of her reach.






6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you clarified that you were being safe, I was very worried that you were trying to launch her high enough to touch the ceiling.

    Also, it is a lot of fun to try and get them high enough to touch the ceiling. You should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! And how she's throwing signs in the New York hat picture. She's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g80/189180/189180_1230543087_large.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha that does look pretty similar. Except Madison is a lot cuter and more enjoyable. How do you even remember that? haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madison is so cute! When are you coming to Manson again so I can see her in person?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next week! Madison and I are coming up the 15th-20th!

      Delete